DIY Coffee Scrub Soaps
This project was previously distributed as the April 2021 Fine Arts Kit.
You can make 3 large soaps or 6 small soaps with this list of materials and instructions. Below are the materials you will need, with some links to materials identical to those that were used in the Fine Arts kit.
- 6 Cavity Round Silicone Mold
- 0.6 goat milk soap base (we used Ultra Clear Glycerin Soap Base)
- 0.2 oz. fragrance oil (we used Coffee Bean Fragrance Oil)
- Isopropyl alcohol spray bottle (optional)
- ½ tsp used coffee grounds
- Mixing/pouring bowl
- Food/candy thermometer
- Plastic wrap
Place chopped up soap base into bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted. Stir in fragrance oil and mix thoroughly. Stir in coffee grounds. Allow the soap to cool to 120-124 degrees, then pour into molds. Spray tops with alcohol if you have it, then allow to cool overnight. Remove soap from molds and wrap in plastic wrap to prevent glycerin dew.
The instructions are modified from this Soap Queen tutorial to make it more beginner-friendly, although her pictures may be useful when you’re making it yourself. Soap Queen has a lot of great tips and tricks here that you can browse before starting your project if you’re new to soap making.
Upcoming DIY Kits
Want to have some of the materials provided as well as the instructions? Sign up for one of these upcoming kits. Our Make & Take kits are very popular, so be sure to sign up as soon as registration opens!
- Paper & Ink: May Planner Pages
- Fine Arts Kit: Custom Pins
- Keep Calm & Carry Yarn: Finger Knit Necklace
- Simple Craft: Knotted Necklace