Thank you for your interest in the Art in the Hills 2021 Art Show. The Auburn Hills Public Library will feature artwork from residents of the greater Auburn Hills community in the Library and on our website. All pieces on display in the Library will be considered for prizes, including three judged awards and one people’s choice winner.
Submissions are open until September 18. Art pieces will be on display from September 25 to October 16, 2021, with winners announced on October 16.
To submit your artwork, please pick up a print submission form from the Library to drop off alongside your artwork, or fill out the form below and drop off your entry by September 18, 2021. You may attach one still image to represent your piece on our website.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact:
Victoria Phelps, Outreach Specialist
Auburn Hills Public Library
248-370-9466 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artists must be 18 or older to participate. Artists are allowed ONE entry.
- A completed submission form is required.
- Paintings, drawings, digital artwork, photography, sculptures, ceramics, textiles, mixed media, etc., are all eligible for entry.
- Content must be appropriate for all ages. Any entry deemed inappropriate by the Library will not appear in the show.
- Display space will be awarded on a first-come basis so long as submissions fit in the Library’s available space. The Library will determine where artwork will be placed in the building.
- Artists with 2D media should present their art ready-to-hang or work with the Library to make other accommodations.
- A copy of the original artwork may be submitted in place of the original piece.
- The art submitted must not violate the rights of privacy and/or constitute a libel or slander against anyone, and work submitted must be by the submitter.
- Entries must be turned in with a completed entry form by September 18th, 2021 for consideration.
- Because the Library is a public space, works on display may be photographed or filmed by visitors.
- The title and copyright of exhibited materials will remain with the artist.
- Art pieces can be picked up any time after the reception, preferably by appointment. Please call 248.370.9466 and ask for Victoria to make arrangements. Art not reclaimed by October 30th, 2021 will be used or disposed of at the Library’s discretion.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork