We are happy to announce that the AHPL is back open
- Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm
- Friday and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Public computers (2 hour limit)
- Printing, faxing and scanning
We are now offering limited seating and have reopened our study rooms for 2 hours limits by appointment and on a first come first serve basis.
The Library is also open 24/7 online for patrons to borrow eBooks, audiobooks, movies, music, TV shows, and more. To further assist patrons with computer needs, AHPL will continue to lend iPads and hotspots to AHPL cardholders. All other programs remain online.
AHPL has worked hard to develop flexible library programs and services and we appreciate your support and understanding.
Ways to Make Requests
Online Self Service
Place holds on our catalog using this link. Holds will be filled in the order they are received. You will receive a notification when your holds are available.
Call (248) 370-9466 (calls answered 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday), and our Library staff will assist you with placing your request. Holds will be filled in the order they are received. You will receive a notification when your holds are available.
All curbside pickup service requests require an appointment. You will receive a notification once your hold is available. To use curbside pickup, click here to schedule a day and time to pick-up your holds.
Curbside Pickup Hours
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday
If no one if waiting for a specific item you have out, you can renew online or call the library at (248) 370-9466 to extend your due date.
All materials will need to be returned in our outside return slot, in which materials will then be removed from your record sanitized and quarantined for 72 hours before being loaned out again.
All staff working the service desks receive training and the personal protective equipment necessary to keep themselves, other staff, and the public safe. All employees will continue to wear face coverings until July 1 at which time, all restrictions will have been lifted.
We will continue to adhere to the laws and guidelines set in place from state and local health officials so that all may enjoy a safe work and community environment.
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms should not enter the Library.
- We recommend face mask for visitors not yet vaccinated.
- If you do not have a mask, the Library can provide you with a disposable one.
- Guests not of the same household are encouraged to maintain distancing of six feet or more.
- Hand sanitizer stations are visible throughout the Library.
- Bathrooms and touchless water bottle filling station will be available.