AHPL is Open for Grab & Go service beginning Monday, January 25th
We are happy to announce that the AHPL is moving back to Phase Four of our Safe Open Plan, beginning Monday, January 25. Grab & Go service will allow you to browse the shelves and check out items to enjoy outside of the Library.
Grab & Go Service:
- Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm
- Friday and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Public computers (1 hour limit)
- Printing, faxing and scanning
At this time public seating is unavailable until further notice.
The Library is also open 24/7 online for patrons to borrow eBooks, audiobooks, movies, music, TV shows, and more. To further assist patrons with computer needs, AHPL will continue to lend iPads and hotspots to AHPL cardholders. All other programs remain online.
AHPL has worked hard to develop flexible library programs and services. We appreciate the support and understanding as we move through these challenging times.
Ways to Make Requests
Online Self Service
Place holds on our catalog using this link. Holds will be filled in the order they are received. You will receive a notification when your holds are available.
Call (248) 370-9466 (calls answered 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday), and our Library staff will assist you with placing your request. Holds will be filled in the order they are received. You will receive a notification when your holds are available.
All curbside pickup service requests require an appointment. You will receive a notification once your hold is available. To use curbside pickup, click here to schedule a day and time to pick-up your holds.
Curbside Pickup Hours
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday
If no one if waiting for a specific item you have out, you can renew online or call the library at (248) 370-9466 to extend your due date.
All materials will need to be returned in our outside return slot, in which materials will then be removed from your record sanitized and quarantined for 72 hours before being loaned out again.
All staff working the service receive training and the personal protective equipment necessary to keep themselves, other staff, and the public safe. All employees wear face coverings according to The City of Auburn Hills policy, and the library asks that library patrons observe social distancing best practices.
We will continue to adhere to the laws and guidelines set in place from state and local health officials so that all may enjoy a safe work and community environment.
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms should not enter the Library.
- A face mask must be worn at all times, except for children under the age of 5.
- If you do not have a mask, the Library can provide you with a disposable one.
- Anyone not wishing to wear a mask is encouraged to use our Curbside Pickup Service.
- Guests not of the same household must maintain distancing of six feet or more.
- Guests are encouraged to spend no more than 30 minutes in the Library.
- Hand sanitizer stations are visible throughout the Library.
- Bathrooms and touchless water bottle filling station will be available.
Due to safety measures the following will not be available at this time:
- Study and meeting rooms.